ro
en
ua
Cacica - Historic

cacicaThe form of the administrative territory of Cacica commune is the same since 1968 (along with the administrative-territorial reorganising), when Cacica commune unites with Pîrteştii de sus commune, becoming a single administrative unit with Pîrteştii de Sus as municipal village, including also Soloneţu Nou, Maidan and Runcu villages (populated mainly by Polish, Slovaks and Ukrainians – colonised after 1836).

From a historical point of view, the age of the settlement (commune) is much more remote. Thus, in the documents of that time, Pîrteştii de Sus village is mentioned as far back as the beginning of the 15th century. The first news which attests the existence of the village in these places, is from Alexandru cel Bun Voivode. Through the 13th April 1415 charter, he gives as a gift " to the Adormirea Sfintei Născătoare de Dumnezeu Monastery of Ion Vornic local ruler, which is Umor, a village at the Soloneţului origin, where Tadomir and Pirtea and Dianis' home have been”.

The quoted document, through witch the Moldavian Voivode give for the first time the village to the Humor Monastery,is the historical document that prouve the existance of Pîrteşti village.

We don't know the village surface and boards, because the mentioned document give us only few details about that. The only specification is „ the viilage board will be the same with oldest boards, where are from ages”. In conclusion, at this time, Tadomir's and Pirtea's village, was known that having century age.

The Tadomir and Pirtea's village was placed not faraway from Ioan Vornicul's Monastery from Humor, and has been controled by monastery for a perioad of three and a half centuries. Because of that, the economical, social-political and cultural development had been connected on all of this time by monastery history. Until the Austrian ocupation of Bucovina in 1775, the village has grown, this fact has lead to village division by new gouvernement. When the monatery propreties has been taked in year 1785, the Austrian governement give to the peasans the land who whey working and the forests to de villages. This measure give to the viilages the oportunity to develop independently. Soon the village grow and afted one decade, in year 1786 the village has broken in two sister villages: Pîrteştii de Sus and Pîrteştii de Jos with own churches and lands.

Until the seting up of Solunetu Nou settelment in XIX-th century, from Polish colonists (slovaci) bring here by Austrian gouvernement for forest works, the village Parteştii de Sus was the only settlement in this place. A simmilar growing have the settlement placed near the Cacica mine, which was founded when Bucovina was occupied by Habsburgical Empire who made maps and census. In those documents are noted by beginning only the name for river and the valley: „KASIKS” (1774), „KACZIKA” (1775), TKACSIKA” (1790) and after that apear 11-17 houses, some of them only seasonal, build by Pîrteşti inhabitants which use the grazing fields from this valley. After short time from the occupacy, the Austrian made geological prospection for salt deposits, this actions was finalized with the begining of salt exploatation at Solca and Cacica. This fact lead to massive colonization with workers and Polish specialists (Bochnia and Wieliczka – Cracovia area).

Though, the village Cacica isn't oldest in documentary point of view, the acheological reseach find in this area very old and variousliving traces: neolithic (Cucuteni culture), Bronze Age (New culture), impostant dacian relics and other relics from Romanian people creation (Troian Hill– VII-IX century) and midle age (XIV-XVII century).

When in 1790 was discovered the salt deposit at 12 m depth, the salt exploatation grow more in it solid form. The real exploatation of solid salt is begining in year 1871 at Cacica, after that the instalation and arrangement was extended. Consequently, the Cacica village will develop demogrphicaly and economicaly point of view. The industrial activities bound to salt mine and wood factory wich was build later, but also the cottage activities contribute at fast development of village, which was named "Little Austrich".

This site was created in PHARE RO 2006/018-449.01.01.07  Project - ” The Promotion of the cultural values and touristic potential in Romanian-Ukrainian cross-broder by establish The Cultural - Touristic Complex “Cacica Nationalities House”.